It is so interesting to me when I see my kids doing the same thing I did at their age! I finally took the opportunity to go to Colorado to see my grandparents. I had never seen their new house, in fact I hadn't been there in almost 3 years! I was so glad that I got to go. I went with my mom, my brother Matt, and Tysen. We brought my grandparents home with us for a visit. It was so nice to have them here. Right before we left to come home, we stopped at my uncle's carpet store. This is the store that in my childhood belonged to my grandpa and we used to love to go to the store and run on the carpet rolls. It brought back so many memories of me and my siblings and cousins running on the carpet rolls, jumping from stack to stack and laughing the entire time! It was so funny when Matt chased Tysen around on the carpet. So many memories...
.jpg)
The next day was dessert night. Once a month, we get together with 4 of our favorite families and have desert. It is always so much fun to see them, we talk during the month and see each other off and on, but to get everyone together is a blast! Another nostalgic moment happened for me that night. When I was in middle school, we used to all sit in a line and do each other's hair. It cracked me up when these girls started doing the same thing! To be young again, and actually care what your hair looked like!
And then of course, the memory of this picture comes from when my sister and I were younger and my uncle's girlfriend came over to my grandparents house. We immediately started fixing her hair, thinking it was our Aunt Jan. But, unfortunately we didn't see her from the front well enough, or maybe we just didn't see her often enough to know any better. When we found out it wasn't her, needless to say we were shocked. She was a good sport about it, since her hair was covered in foam rollers and clips! Kristina, as always, was also a good sport!


And of course the token man picture. This is evidence that peer-pressure does in fact work! Believe it or not, Matt is actually on-line getting his hunter's safety certification, with some help from the peanut gallery, so that he can go Phesant Hunting next weekend. Now the real question is: will he actually go??

And last but not least, Tysen and his women. He adores Kindee and Sammi, most of the time anyway.


And last but not least, Tysen and his women. He adores Kindee and Sammi, most of the time anyway.

2 comments:
So I guess I could have left one message instead of one on all three places. I love the "down memory lane stuff". The Krebbs in our ward told me that they know you guys. That is so cool. They are a terrific family.
Hello! I love the Halloween pictures of your kids and even greater that that are the pictures of you with your witch friends. How cute! Is that Kristina H from the old ward in that picture? And is that Bishop R from the old ward? Tell them hi for us! I'm jealous if you are all in the same area/ward! We miss all the old friends from WJ! Greetings to all!
Post a Comment