Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I don't do scary, but...

I happened to be talking to Raelin the other day and she mentioned that the Haunted Village at This is the Place was really cool, and not really scary because it was geared more for kids. Kalli went last year, so I figured it couldn't be that bad. But since the recomended age was 12 and up, we decided to leave the boys at home. Um...good choice! We don't do scary. I mean at all. Let's just say by the time we made it to the first house, Sydney was whimpering and her friend was chanting "they'll get fired if they touch me". They tried to get out of it at that point, but got talked back into it. Unfortunately they were with the 6 most scardy-cat adults they could find, so we were no help to them. So after being chased by old, creepy pioneers, almost being run over by the Headless Horseman, and sprinting through the entire thing screaming like babies grabing onto whoever happened to be closeset to us, we made it out alive. I was afraid we would all have nightmares of goulish pioneer ghosts shadowing us all night long, but we survived the night, too. I would totally go back, as for Sydney- she explained the experience to Parker the next day and he came over to me after and said: "what does regret mean?". I think that's a no! But it was so good to see the Allen's and Hard's again, and of course the Atkinson's and all the Cox's! We had a huge group, but it was so fun!!


Don't they all look so excited to be going!


Not so much afterward.


But I can assure you, fun was had by all! Thanks guys- it was great!
Check Kim and Dan's Blog for other pics!

3 comments:

Rae said...

That sounds fun. Scottia and Nolan and the kids have some spooky thing they go to every year. The kids love it. I can just see you and Travis screaming and running.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

All of you are braver than I am. It looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Kimmy said...

There's no one else I would rather pee my pants with! Thanks for such a fun(!?!) night. Maybe next time I won't slam my daughter into a metal gatepost trying to flee from ghouls.