Friday, August 1, 2008

Are we crazy...or brilliant? You be the judge.


I don't know if I am clinically crazy, but I have my moments. This wasn't actually crazy, but turned out to be a great time! My friend Kim left on a Mysterious get-a-way, which I knew about and had agreed with her husband to have their four girls spend the night. So after dinner, I was contemplating what I was going to do to entertain 8 kids between the ages of 3-13. They were starting to get antsy, so I came up with a brilliant plan to take them all to the dollar movies (which by the way is actually the $2 movies, but beggers can't be choosers, right?). I checked online and realized that I only had 10 minutes to get them loaded up and leave. So I called Rebecca to see if her and her kids wanted to join us. We all piled into the 2 mini-vans, and off we went. 2 adults and 11 kids. I know, this is where it sounds crazy! On the way I called her so that she could "enjoy" some of the sing-a-long that I was being forced to "enjoy". On the way I was also asked how to make a baby. (Kim- that's your job- is 9 to young for that talk?) When we got there, the older kids wanted to see a different movie, so we bought all the tickets, and headed down to the theaters, realizing that the younger kids movie was going to get out almost an hour earlier then the older kids movie. That is again, the crazy. Brilliant was that we took the 8 younger children into the theater showing Horton hears a Who and we had the whole place to ourselves! I think they each switched seats about 14 times. Tysen ran up and down the aisles, and I didn't even care!! After our movie-the middle aged kids went into the other movie to see the last half, and we got some ice cream and sat out on the lawn to wait for the rest of the kids. It was an adventure, and turned out to be fantastic!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good times!! Thanks for including me in the craziness and exposing me once again to all the drama and fun of girls!!

Jones Family said...

It looks like tons of fun

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT tell you how wonderful last night was! I love you guys, you mean the world to me. Annie

Anonymous said...

I just tagged you!