Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jerika's Birthday

Jerika had a birthday party a couple days before her actual birthday, and good thing because by the time the actual day came, she had bronchitis and was miserable. Poor girl. She even had to get a very painful shot on her birthday so she wouldn't develop pnumonia! We are making her cake when she feels better so that she can acutally taste it.

For her party, she invited some friends over and the first thing they did was challenge another party to a game of Capture the Flag at the park. The 14 yr olds against the 12 yr olds. Who do you think won??? As was said that night: "Don't mess with the midgets!" I think they learned their lesson! After properly freezing to death, they came back to the house and played some weird games which involved shoving skittles in their mouths and having to role the dice to be able to chew them. Gross! Then when they finally warmed up, they went back outside to roast marshmallows- and froze again. (Curious how she ended up so sick?) I think she is trying to convince herself that her birthday is in the summer! Last event was supposed to be watching Twilight, but they only had a half hour left, so they skipped through it to all their favorite parts. She is a smart girl, though, because instead of having a sleep over, she decided she would rather sleep in on Saturday morning. (She definately got that from me!) It was so nice to see what great friends she has and how much fun they have together!


Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon!

2 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Happy Birthday Jerika!! I am glad you got to have a great time at your party before you got sick. It looked like a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

Very fun, but I must say, I'm NOT ready for her to be 14!