Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Guns N' Roses

That's 15 roses for 15 years. Awww, how cute! Our anniversary was last Thursday, but things came up, and since we aren't sticklers for exact dates, we pretended it was Friday. We went to dinner, and then off to Cabela's to buy Trav a gun, then to fill Tysen's prescription. How romantic! Maybe we need a lesson in celebrating... anyway, props to Dan for my title, I didn't think of it on my own, but I liked it!


The next day Trav and Parker went shooting the new gun with my brother and his boys. No, Parker didn't shoot the "real" gun, just bb guns and air soft guns. But he loved every second of it!


Now for the obligitory anniversary memory:
As you can tell, we aren't big into celebrating- we never take cruises, go on vacations, or any of the things other (smarter) people do for anniversaries. Maybe that will change soon? But for our 1st anniversary, we were living in Cedar City and we decided to go to Mesquite for the Prime Rib Buffet. Who would want to eat a slab of cold, raw, still moo-ing meat?? But that was back when I was still doing everything he wanted to do. So we go to the buffet, then as we are walking through the casino to leave, I had to sit down to rest, trying to find my way through the maze that casinos are and being 8 1/2 months pregnant . (That was the "him doing whatever I wanted to" part, doesn't every newly married 18 year old think it would be fun to have a baby?) I got ID'd and kicked out! Granted I was only 19, but being so pregnant and just resting, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Now that I have seen all of the Oceans movies, I understand how casinos work and they don't even want you breathing on their machines if you cant play them! Anyway, shortly after our first anniversary we got a beautiful baby girl. Maybe that is what scares us away from anniversaries!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

lol!! Loved the title too! We usually don't do much then just go to dinner for our anniversaries, but after Chris and Kym did Hawaii for their 10th, we decided we wanted to save up for a cook fun trip like that, so 2 years to go, and we'll finally do something big and cool too!! :) Happy 15 years!

Kimmy said...

maybe we'll have to plan cool things for our 20th. I think I had my first baby for the showers. I mean, seriously, after the bridal showers and reception were over, you can't just stop a girl cold turkey from having gifts bestowed on her...right? ;)

Ashlee said...

Congrats! Holy cow, 15 years....
Your anniversaries sound like ours. On our last one we had big plans to go to Benihanas - we ended up at Chilis. And, we never do gifts. Now you know who we need to plan our anniversary nights...Wendi!!!

Syndi said...

15 years. . . you are old;) Where is your big anniversary gift?? j/k the love in your heart is enough;)

Jana said...

Sweet date night! You forgot to add in that you had your nephew tagging along also!!!! It makes it sound even more romantic!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your anniversary memory. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know that we are not the only ones who don't go on cruises for our anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your title! And I LOVE the casino story - I can just see it! Two young kids from Kanab hanging out in the casino with a baby on the way! I know you were really playing craps!!! Just kidding! Hope you are well and can't wait to get together. Annie
ps we've NEVER taken a vacation by ourselves either. We've stayed at hotels in town overnight - but that's it! And once, I made Jason get a couples massage and then he got DEATHLY ILL for over 2 weeks at Christmas and he swears it's from the massage releasing 29 years of toxins into his system and he'll never have one again!!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

!5 years is just great!! Keep up with your great marriage the best years are spent just being together and having a wonderful family that loves you.

Rebecca said...

LOVE the casino story! Too funny! Glad you guys at least got to go out for a night! It never really matters to me what we do, as long as I get out--away from the 4 walls of my own house and the 4 loud boys in it!