My Dad
When someone you love becomes a memory,
the memory becomes a treasure.
Today is my dad's birthday. He would be 59 years old. He passed away almost 2 years ago from oral cancer. Two days before Christmas my brothers, sisters, mom, Travis and I went to the Jordan River Temple to seal his parents to each other, and to seal him and his brother to them. It was something we had been planning to do for a long time, and we were just having a hard time working it out with everyone's schedule. My mom finally decided that we needed to do this for Christmas, so she set a date and everyone made it. I am so glad we finally got it done! It was such a great experience.

8 comments:
I think you gave him the best Christmas present ever. Thanks for sharing all of the fun pictures of your dad with all of us!
What a neat Christmas for your family! This entry is a very nice tribute to someone special!
I am sorry that I never got to meet your Dad.I can tell just by knowing how you and your Mom are that I would have like him.It was good that the family could be sealed together.
I love it!
What a nice tribute to your Dad. Looks like you have wonderful memories.
What a fun way to remember your dad! I love all of the pictures of the kids with him. Those are priceless! Sounds like a great Christmas memory you and your family will have to look back on.
Miss Him!
What a beautiful tribute to your dad.
Post a Comment