Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Day

The kids actually let us sleep in until about 6:45, then the texts started coming from Jerika. It was always a tradition for all of the kids to sleep in one room when I grew up, so our kids have always done that. I thought this year there was no way they would go to sleep, but once they went in, we never heard from them again until morning. So the kids wait on the stairs dying, while Travis pours himself some orange juice, anything to get them hyped up! Then they race in to see what they got. I didn't get tons of pictures this year for some reason, but here are a few. For Parker it was a very Star Wars Christmas, Tysen got some Star Wars guys, too, but got a Smart Cycle as well. Sydney got a pink camera, and Jerika got a streightner and clothes. Santa brought Travis a box set of James Bond movies, (it had to be Santa, I would never, ever condone that much James Bond in the house) and I got a program for my computer to make movies. Very exciting for all! As soon as the kids were done opening presents and plugging all of their various gadgets in, the power of course went out. I went upstairs to get Parker's DS that doesn't need power, and accidently fell into bed. Four hours later I woke up, power on, and Tysen snuggled in with me. That is the best part of Christmas! Then my sister and her family came, as well as my brothers and their families. Later in the evening my dad's friend Bill and his wife Nora and son Peter came by. They were visiting from Denver. It was so fun to see everyone again, and all of the cousins got to give each other the gifts they drew names for. We ate leftovers, who wants to cook on Christmas Day? And had a great time visiting. Later in the week all of us met up with Bill and his family again for dinner. I don't think they knew what they were getting in to! But it was fun for all! But I guess now that all the fun is over for the year, and everyone has gone back home, it is time to undecorate! This is this is the longest that I have ever gone before I force myself to take them down. Maybe it is because I felt jilted that I didn't get to enjoy them enough before Christmas! Whatever the reason, it's time!


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, too!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I still can believe you were able to snag a 4 hour nap on Christmas day! That is awesome! Wish I had been able to.