Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Youth Temple Celebration

The past few months the youth in our area have been practicing for the Youth Temple Celebration, since we have two new temples opening in the valley. The performance was last Saturday at the Conference Center. Jerika and Sydney were in the Choir, but lots of their friends were in the dance. Our Stake was assigned the Polynesian dance so the girls did dances from Tonga and Samoa and the boys did the Haka. It was so much fun! I was asked to be the Stake Photographer, so I have hundreds (and hundreds) of pictures, mostly of other people that I don't even know. Here are a few from our practices both at the church and at the Conference Center. For the actual performance I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but I finally got to see it! It was amazing! All of the groups did a fantastic job, and had so much fun. The spirit was so strong in the Conference Center that night, and I am positive it was an experience the youth will never forget. It's not very often you get to perform for the prophet!
Oquirrh Mountain Temple

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

What an incredible stake photographer we had. You forgot to mention about how you put together an awesome slide show for our stake!!! I love the picture of Donovan and Max with the haka makeup!!!

The Hoods said...

Our ward was in the celebration as well, and I went and saw the celebration at the Stake Center. I remember your stakes dance. It was so fun!! I thought that was one of the better dances!!!

Rebecca said...

Great pics! What a fabulous night! I loved all of it--even running with the youth! Thanks for doing all the photos and the slide show! You did a great job!