Surprise! You're going to Denver for the weekend! That was the plan anyway. Kim and I started planning this trip to Denver to see the Rockies last winter, but we decided it was a better idea to tell them then to surprise them and risk the chance that they would have commitments that we didn't know about. It was so much fun! I forgot how much I actually enjoy Major League Baseball, it's been a couple of years since I have gone. And of course, Travis loves it- and the Rockie Dogs. We stayed at the Marriot downtown, and only 2 blocks away was this outdoor mall that went for blocks. We went to see Star Trek one of the days, and I am dissapointed to admit that I actually enjoyed it.
The first game we sat right behind home plate. Awesome seats!




We had tickets to 3 games, but the guys were going to the 2nd one without us- we had mani/pedi's to get of course. We did bring them some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, though. YUMMY!

We were a little bit nervous because earlier that week there had been 6 tornados in one day, but it wasn't too bad. Each day there was about 30 minutes of torrential downpour, but the only time it got really scary was during the last game when we got evacuated to the concourse because of tornado warnings, and of course the funnel clouds forming over the stadium. Other then that, it was great!
Pre-tornado warning. The weather was great- I even got sunburned!

And we lived to tell the tale! Thanks for a great weekend!!
4 comments:
What a fun get away! I'm glad you survived tornadoes and Star Trek.
Glad the trip was a good one. It sounds like you got a lot done in the time you were gone.Love the picture of you and Travis you look like teenagers.
there's no one else I'd rather cower in a bathroom with...!!!!
Fun times! I'm glad you enjoyed our stomping ground. Next time you guys come to town, you're welcome to stay with us! We would love to see you guys.
Yeah, last week's weather.... we're still recovering. We've got all sorts of damage to oour house and will be recovering for months to come, I'm afraid.
Post a Comment